Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 3: #7 Blog about technology


Computers have a way of making me feel old. Having had no personal exposure to computers during my primary and secondary education and minimal contact with them during my tertiary studies I feel that I have not "grown up " with computers and probably always will have difficulty in feeling confident, comfortable or overly excited by them. When I have free time in my day, sitting in front of a computer is not something I have a great urge to do. I see my children using the home computer much more as recreational tool rather than the educational tool we thought it was going to be. They can't live without their daily fix of Myspace and iTunes and we constantly try to limit their usage. My recently acquired interest in genelogical research now means that I now have to compete with them for computer time - much to their displeasure. I wonder whether my children will feel technologically challenged when they reach my age.

No comments: